- Your grief will take longer than most people think, and longer than you expect
- Your grief will take more energy then you would have ever imagined.
- Your grief will change over time.
- Your grief will show itself in all spheres of your life: emotionally, socially, physically and spiritually.
- Your grief will entail mourning not only for the actual person you lost but also for all of the hopes, dreams and unfullled expectations you held for and with that person, and for the needs that will go unmet because of the death.
- You may experience a combination of anger and depression, and feel irritable, frustrated, annoyed and/or intolerant.
- You may experience grief spasms, acute upsurges of grief that occur suddenly with no warning.
- You will have trouble thinking (memory, organization and intellectual processing) and making decisions.
- You may feel like you are going crazy.
- You may begin a search for meaning and may question your religion and/or philosophy of life.
- You may nd yourself acting socially in ways that are dierent than before.
- You may nd yourself having a number of physical reactions.
Join Our Email List