Through their work the hearts of a child is healed and a family or individual find their new normal over time.
If this support through the grief journey was not available we would find the following:
* Those experiencing a spouse loss would isolate from family, friends, and workplaces;
* Young adults experiencing an infant loss would not gain from knowing they were not alone following a miscarriage, stillbirth, or medical death of an infant;
* Peers and family surviving a teen suicide would sink into their grief and perhaps not find their way through their sadness;
* Grandparents living here but experiencing a long distant death would not learn the coping skills so necessary to both experience their grief as well as their healing;
* Community wide deaths as a school shooting, industrial explosion, or multiple accident deaths not only would not have immediate trauma services but no grief center service would be accessible 3 months, 1 year, or 3 years from these deaths.
The 150 grief centers across the country provide these grief and healing services daily, quietly, and with a sense of Hope so important in a family or peer death.
In the Panhandle The Hope & Healing Place is your grief center, accessible and ready to serve even in this most difficult of times.