Griefography is an artistic expression of grief and an exploration of healing through the use of photography.
Many young people who have experienced the death of a loved one find it difficult to express themselves verbally after facing such a traumatic event.
Griefography is a project designed to capture images via photography that portray grief and loss when emotions or words can’t. It lets the child transform their grief into an image that can transcend time and emotions as they tell a story about their lost loved one using photos in place of words to memorialize them.
The Hope & Healing Place would like to initiate this inspirational program for the youth and teens going through our Generations program. We are looking for sponsors to help us cover the cost of purchasing cameras, the printing of photographs and creation of memory books. If you are interested in helping us out with this project please go to
In the Panhandle there are many fine non-profits deserving of your gift support.
Our volunteer board of directors and and staff are defining "Why" The Hope & Healing Place is deserving of your gift support. Our gift supporters talk/text/e us tell us.......
* Hope & Healing is the only dedicated grief center in the Panhandle; families come from Dalhart, Shamrock, and Dimitt along with Amarillo/Canyon.
* Our grief services have been developed for a specific death within a family or peer. For example, infant loss, spouse loss, child & teen loss, and adult child. A new, critical effort is Teen Suicide Prevention....So important to teens, siblings, and all family members.
* To encourage accessible grief services and to support Panhandle families we have no fees for any service.
* The Hope & Healing Place is with each person and family today....6 months from now....3 yrs from now.
* We understand our services and supporters move across generations and that each generation want their information in their preferred way. Our priority is to develop online giving along with the use of a phone "Square" for immediate gifts anywhere, anytime. And yes, we will still mail and email our information and invitations to be a gift partner.
* The Mission of The Hope & Healing Place is to "heal the heart of a child" following a family or peer death.
At The Hope & Healing Place we know we must answer your "Why" to make a supportive gift.
We encourage conversation with you, your family, or business as to the ways we can strengthen the lives of children, teens, and families.
A special way to Remember someone in your family, a friend, or workplace peer is through a Memory Gift to Hope & Healing Place.
Throughout the year we will receive small gifts and larger gifts, all special, In Memory Of ,,,,,,, someone special to the one making the gift. It is not unusual for the donor to request we send notes to other family members which we are always delighted to do so. Each person Remembered through a Memory Gift is special to us at HHP and recognized in our donor recognitions.
We, like the family, always Remember.
It is not unusal to receive a special request involving meeting with the extended family or showing our Memory Garden when a relative is in town who could attend the memorial service. Hope & Healing Place understands the importance of Remembering. as a way of Honoring your family member, friend, or workpalce peer.
Talk with us about how best to honor your family.....We are ready to listen and supprt, and Remember.
Join Our Email List