Young adults and teens who end their evolving life by suicide is what is on my heart this Monday morning. I believe, with your support and joining Hope & Healing Place to do so, we can reduce teen suicides in the Panhandle. We do know the warning signs that indicate a teen at risk. We do know resources that can stop the thinking and spontaneous actions that can end in a teen death. The next step is to move what we know in offices and manuals to the hearts of families and to the lives of our teens and young adults.
The Jack Duncan Rhodes Foundation has joined with Hope & Healing Place to save lives, strengthen families, and move what we know into creating future days for teens and families. Come join Rhodes family and friends and Hope & Healing supporters at the Golden Light on 6th Street on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 12th....come join us for music, helpful information on teen suicide, and be with so many believe we can prevent teen suicides.
Hope & Healing Place will always support the grieving family and surviving siblings, parents, peers, and friends.
Together, let's focus on the "prevent" work. We can do this by learning warning signs, being present with our teens and young adults, and support each other daily.
In the Panhandle there are many fine non-profits deserving of your gift support.
Our volunteer board of directors and and staff are defining "Why" The Hope & Healing Place is deserving of your gift support. Our gift supporters talk/text/e us tell us.......
* Hope & Healing is the only dedicated grief center in the Panhandle; families come from Dalhart, Shamrock, and Dimitt along with Amarillo/Canyon.
* Our grief services have been developed for a specific death within a family or peer. For example, infant loss, spouse loss, child & teen loss, and adult child. A new, critical effort is Teen Suicide Prevention....So important to teens, siblings, and all family members.
* To encourage accessible grief services and to support Panhandle families we have no fees for any service.
* The Hope & Healing Place is with each person and family today....6 months from now....3 yrs from now.
* We understand our services and supporters move across generations and that each generation want their information in their preferred way. Our priority is to develop online giving along with the use of a phone "Square" for immediate gifts anywhere, anytime. And yes, we will still mail and email our information and invitations to be a gift partner.
* The Mission of The Hope & Healing Place is to "heal the heart of a child" following a family or peer death.
At The Hope & Healing Place we know we must answer your "Why" to make a supportive gift.
We encourage conversation with you, your family, or business as to the ways we can strengthen the lives of children, teens, and families.
Each days across America grief centers respond to and provide support services to children, teens, families, and peers who have experienced a sudden or traumatic death.
Through their work the hearts of a child is healed and a family or individual find their new normal over time.
If this support through the grief journey was not available we would find the following:
* Those experiencing a spouse loss would isolate from family, friends, and workplaces;
* Young adults experiencing an infant loss would not gain from knowing they were not alone following a miscarriage, stillbirth, or medical death of an infant;
* Peers and family surviving a teen suicide would sink into their grief and perhaps not find their way through their sadness;
* Grandparents living here but experiencing a long distant death would not learn the coping skills so necessary to both experience their grief as well as their healing;
* Community wide deaths as a school shooting, industrial explosion, or multiple accident deaths not only would not have immediate trauma services but no grief center service would be accessible 3 months, 1 year, or 3 years from these deaths.
The 150 grief centers across the country provide these grief and healing services daily, quietly, and with a sense of Hope so important in a family or peer death.
In the Panhandle The Hope & Healing Place is your grief center, accessible and ready to serve even in this most difficult of times.
In the wake of the death of a loved one, it is hard to know how to handle the flood of emotions that envelop you as you struggle to keep your head above
You suddenly find yourself thrashing about in unfamiliar waters
and discover that you have forgotten how to swim.
It feels like you are drowning in despair, feeling overwhelmed
by the emotions that come crashing over you much like waves in the
ocean. It’s like you have been pushed overboard and find
yourself alone in an enormous sea of darkness.
Grief centers like The Hope and Healing Place are much
like a lighthouse shining a beacon of hope to guide you to
safety. The Hope and Healing Place is an invaluable resource for bereaved families. Casting a lifeline that helps them understand the grieving process and hold onto the hope of surviving the pain flooding through their lives.
How many of us have purchased exercise equipment and/or joined a gym (or both at the same time!).
We usually begin with purpose and energy.
In a few weeks that 6:30am or 8pm calendar calls us but our response is lacking.
In the same way the work of grief usually begins with an individual or family sense of urgency and purpose.
Like the best intentions of exercise, the best intentions of the work of grief may be delayed or become irregular as soccer, food, grading papers, or other good reason/s pull us away from what was so important event a short time ago.
To be effective with the work of grief, like exercise, each of us and each family has to do the hard, difficult work of grief.
This means showing up, telling your story, real listening to the grief of others, showing compassion....and understanding the pain will be different over time. None of this is easy, just like that gym machine that is so hard on our muscles.
Grief work is different from exercise because of the Pain that is so many a time a barrier to effective grief work and healing from a family or peer death.
As we began our new fall Generations, family program, last Thursday, three families did not show up or call.
Like exercise, when we first met the families everyone was eager and ready to attend.
This is not about Hope & Healing, as we share this reality with grief centers around the country.
At Hope & Healing Place we do not want to waste a minute of healing services.
Like exercise, we are ready to serve children, teens, and adults with effective, proven grief support services.
So, lets use those machines and the gym....And Hope & Healing Place too!!
Join Our Email List